Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Training etc.

I got good customer feedback on the Libyan oil industry environmental monitoring course - it didn't hurt to take them for a quality kebab at my favourite Iranian place on the way back from the field trip to the groundwater treatment plant in Manchester..

Other than a call-out to the usual problems at the Manchester site, engineering is a bit quiet again.

The money for the US job never materialised, despite our having a signed contract. Every time I call them, the money is supposedly on its way, but it never arrives. I can't be bothered to chase them any more. Who knows what that was about. Time-wasters.

Talking of time-wasters, the people with the garlic butter problem lost all interest in further investigations unless I was wiling to enter into a continuing extended dialogue with them free of charge, so I guess they have gone back to trying to fix things themselves.

I have plenty of teaching to keep me busy though, with upcoming engagements at both Loughborough and Nottingham Universities in addition to my steady gig at NTU.

No comments: