Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Happy New Year: Back to Work

I'm back to work today, and it seems many others are too. Lots of new enquiries are coming in, and much of that is real engineering. I enjoy writing, training and expert witness work, but if I were to allow myself to become a former practitioner, all three will be based upon increasingly out of date knowledge of the profession. 

I was asked in cross-examination during my last court appearance as an expert witness about how many times I had appeared in court (three times if you count a planning committee meeting) in contrast to the opposing expert. I was glad to be able to say that I was an expert engineer rather than an expert in being an expert witness (no disrespect to my counterpart implied).

I heard recently that my evidence was preferred by the Judge in that case, which was good to hear.

No comments: