Friday, 26 August 2016

Expert Witness: Plant Design: European Engineer

Demel Sachertorte
















I spend the early part of the week in Austria, talking to a company and their lawyers about an expert witness job I am doing over there. Brought back a Sachertorte for Annemarie.

Later in the week, conducted interviews with the engineers involved in the design, construction and commissioning of the plant. All very interesting (and very secret). As ever I wish it were less secret, as there are always lessons to be learned from expert witness jobs on how not to do things.

I'm due to write an article for Chemical Engineering Magazine next year on lessons learned from some other jobs, (all anonymised though not covered by official NDAs) which will cover the most common mistakes which I see time and again.

I'm going to attend another training course on advanced expert witness report preparation in the next few weeks. You have to keep up to date with what the courts want from reports.

Unlike other experts I could name, I also keep current with respect to engineering. I have pulled in a couple of troubleshooting contracts recently, one new, and one repeat business. It's nice to get out of the office occasionally.


No comments: